It turns out 2017 was a great year for my feature screenplay “Unidentified Minor” and it has racked up quite a few more honours. Getting closer and closer to getting it made!
Highlight was the WIDC “Story & Leadership” Lab I participated in with 8 other women writer/directors over a few weeks in November/December 2017. An incredibly enriching experience!
A picture with our gang, as well as the power-house Carol Whiteman from Women in the Director’s Chair, story-editor extraordinaire Linda Coffey, Mehernaz Lentin from CBC’s Breaking Barriers, and Jennifer Merin from the Alliance of Women Film Journalists.
- 2018 Finalist, Top 10, Cinequest Feature Screenplay competition, USA
- 2018 Short-List of Finalists, Sundance Screenwriters Lab, 2018
- 2017 Short-List, TIFF-CBC Diverse Screenwriters Award, Canada
- 2017 Quarter-Finalist, Top 6%, Shore Scripts 2017 Feature Film competition, USA
- 2017 Selected Participant, WIDC Story & Leadership Lab, Canada
- 2017 Selected Mentee, WIFTV & Whistler Film Festival, Film Market Mentorship, Canada
- 2017 Selected Participant, Stowe Story Lab, Vermont, USA
- 2017 Nominated, Global Script Challenge, Oaxaca Film Festival, Mexico
- 2017 Best Low-budget Screenplay, 15th Female Eye Film Festival, Unidentified Minor
- 2017 Selected Participant, Female Eye Film Festival Script Development Program & Live Pitch
- 2015 Short-List, Sundance Screenwriters Lab